Do you need help getting your money back from Microsoft Xbox after buying digital games on your console? If so, this article will walk you through how to get a refund on Xbox, provided you meet the criteria. In case you don’t know, all games you recently bought online on your Xbox console are eligible for a refund. However, you must submit your refund request within 14 days of the purchase date. You also qualify if you’ve played the game for only a short time.
Get a Refund on Xbox on the Web
Whether you own an X box One, Series S, or Series X console, you can get a refund for digital games by taking the following steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account (Ensure it’s the same account signed in on your Xbox console)
- Navigate to the support page
- Tap or click on Gaming
- Select Subscriptions and Billing
- Click of tap Most Popular from the drop-down menu
- Select Request a Refund under How to make an Xbox digital product refund request
- Select the game(s) from the listed recent purchases eligible for a refund
- Then follow other prompts to complete your Xbox refund request.
Once your refund request is successful, you’ll lose access to the game and see the refund its processing status in your Microsoft account. Note that the refund can take several working days before it reflects in your bank account. So frequently check your account balance or contact your bank to know when the refund has been made.
Another way to request a refund on Xbox purchases is to follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Order history page
- Choose the item(s) and then tap or click on Request a refund
- Indicate the reasons for your request and tap/click on Next
- Click or tap Submit.
How Long Does an Xbox Refund Take?
Microsoft often takes 14 days to approve refund requests and transfer the money back to your account. However, only working days count, as Microsoft does not process refunds on weekends and public holidays.
How Many Refunds Can You Do On Xbox?
As an Xbox user, you can request a refund for a game twice. Once you’ve exceeded the refund limit for the same game, you can still rebuy it, but you won’t qualify for any more refunds.
If you bought a bundle of games or content at the same time, you must return them collectively. Interestingly, you will get your money back on them.
What Should I Do If Xbox Denies My Refund?
If you requested a refund from Xbox but were denied, kindly reply to the email you received from the Refund Team to appeal their decision and give better reasons why you want the game refunded.
Related Post: How to Get Refund on Steam.
Were you able to get your money back from Microsoft Xbox? If so, kindly share this article to guide others in recovering their money before it’s too late.
Don’t hesitate to comment below so that we can know your thoughts and experiences.
Read Next: How to Get a Refund on PlayStation Store.