Etsy, as you’d know, is a global online marketplace where buyers meet sellers and vice versa. Returning a product to get your money back on the platform is quite challenging compared to other e-commerce platforms like Jumia, AliExpress, and Shein. To make it easier and possible, we’ll explore how to get a refund on Etsy.
Etsy does not mandate sellers on its platform to accept returns or issue a refund, except if they included it in their return policy. So first confirm whether the seller accepts returns before anything else.
You can get your money back for specific products if your order shipping is taking longer than expected. You can also return items delivered in a defective condition or different from what you ordered.
If the seller isn’t willing to grant your refund, you’ll have to open a case with Etsy for further support.
Open a Case with Etsy on the Web
Here’s how to open a case for return and refund on Etsy’s website:
- Sign in to your Etsy account on your web browser, and click on Your account
- Navigate to Purchases and reviews
- Click on Help with Order next to the order you no longer want
- Select Still need help? And click Yes, I want to open a case.
- Indicate why you’re opening a case, and click the Next button
- Input all details relating to the case
- Click on Submit.
If you checked out for the order without signing up for an account, you must link the order with an Etsy account to proceed with these steps.
Open a Case on Etsy Mobile App
To open a case via the Etsy app on your mobile device, follow the steps below, one after the other.
- Visit Etsy.com and sign in to your account. Once signed in, tap You.
- Tap on Purchases and Reviews.
- Look for the order you have issues with and tap on it. Then tap Help with Order under Your Order.
- Tap on Still need help (If the seller has not contacted you, this option will be available after 48 hours.)
- Tap Yes, I want to open a case.
- Choose the reason why you’re opening a case. Once done, tap on Next.
- Provide all relevant details for your case
- Tap the Submit button.
How Long Does It Take For Etsy To Refund?
It often takes 2 to 5 business days for refunds from Etsy to reflect in your statement. However, the refund could take longer, depending on your card issuer. For instance, refunds to credit cards issued outside the United States can take up to 30 days to reflect.
Who Pays Return Shipping on Etsy?
If you change your mind about an order from Etsy, you’ll have to bear the shipping cost. But if you’re returning an item because it’s defective or a fake advert, the seller will pay the shipping fee.
Related Post: How to Get a Refund from Jumia.
Kindly share this post to help others who might be thinking it’s impossible to get a refund on Etsy.
Read Next: How to Get a Refund on Temu.