Did you just send money to a scammer via Cash App and would like to request a refund? If so, this article will walk you through how to get a refund on Cash App. You also qualify for a refund for other reasons, such as if you sent the wrong person money or have issues with goods you bought.
Here’s how to ask for a refund on a completed transaction:
- Contact the recipient for a refund. (Be aware that a fraudster will likely not refund your money to you.)
- If the recipient agrees, he/she will then launch their Cash App, and tap on the Activity tab
- Tap on the fraudulent transaction
- Tap the three dots icon at the top-right corner of your screen and select Refund
- Authenticate the refund by tapping on Confirm. (You’ll then have the money refunded to the sender.)
Suppose the transaction is pending, you can get your money back more easily without contacting the recipient. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Open Cash App on your phone, and tap the Activity tab
- Tap on the transaction
- Tap on the three dots and select Cancel Payment. (If you can’t access the option, wait for the transaction to complete. Afterward, you’ll have to contact the recipient for a refund.)
File a Dispute to Get a Refund on Cash App
If you want Cash App to help with your refund request, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to your Cash App homepage
- Tap the Activity tab
- Tap on the transaction you’d like to dispute, and then the three dots
- Select Report an Issue
- Choose an option that best describes your issue. (If you were scammed, tap on “I was Scammed”.)
- Tap on the Next button and wait for the Cash App team to review your refund request.
Will Cash App Refund My Money If Scammed?
Yes, Cash App can help you get your money after falling victim to a fraudster. The company might investigate the transaction to be sure your claim is right.
If valid, you may get a refund on your Cash App account. Note that Cash App customer service representatives don’t need your PIN, password, SSN, or payment card details to process your request.
How Long Do Cash App Refunds Take?
Cash App takes one to three business days to investigate and process claims for refunds to your account. Its customer support team may also refund your money instantly, so you won’t have to wait.
Can A Scammer Steal Your Cash App?
No. a fraudster cannot steal money from your Cash App account, as they need more than your name and $Cashtag to access it. You can protect your Cash App by keeping your email address, phone number, and PIN away from anyone you don’t trust. Also, don’t click on any suspicious links to avoid phishing attacks in your Cash App account.
Related Post: How to Cancel NordVPN Subscription.
Were you able to get your refund via the steps mentioned above? Feel free to share your experience and thoughts via the comment section below. You can also reach Cash App customer care for further assistance if you weren’t refunded.
Read Next: How to Get a Refund on DoorDash.