Most iPhone users have at least one active subscription, which they spare some dollars for monthly or yearly. While subscribing to Apple apps and services are pretty easy, not everyone knows how to cancel subscriptions on iPhones.
This blog post will give all relevant information about canceling iPhone subscriptions, regardless of which one you no longer want.
To provide detailed information, we’ll cover the following areas:
- How do I cancel all my Apple subscriptions?
- Why can’t I cancel subscriptions on my iPhone?
- How do I cancel a subscription on my iPhone and get my money back?
- Will resetting iPhone delete subscriptions?
- How do I see all active subscriptions on my iPhone?
How Do I Cancel All My Apple Subscriptions?
The steps in canceling your subscriptions on all iPhones are the same, regardless of your phone model, iOS version, and the subscription you want to cancel.
They are as follows.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings
- Tap on the Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases section
- Tap on Subscriptions
- Then look for the subscription you want to cancel among the active subscriptions. Once you find it, tap on it.
- Tap on Cancel Subscription. If you can’t find the Cancel button, you have nothing to worry about anymore, as your subscription has already been canceled beforehand.
Why Can’t I Cancel Subscriptions on my iPhone?
A few things can make you unable to cancel subscriptions on your iPhone. These include if you want to cancel inactive subscriptions, as they won’t renew.
Besides, you can only cancel subscriptions whose payments were made via your Apple App Store.
How Do I Cancel a Subscription on My iPhone and Get My Money Back?
To cancel a subscription on your iPhone and get a refund, take the steps below.
- Visit reportaproblem.apple.com
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Check below What can we help you with., and then click or tap on I’d like to
- Opt for Request a refund as shown above
- Then tap or click Tell us more… to specify why you want a refund.
- Click or tap Next to proceed.
- Select the subscription you want to get its refund and tap/click the Submit button.
Will Resetting iPhone Delete Subscriptions?
No, initiating a factory reset does not cancel or delete subscriptions on any iPhone model or iOS version. Your subscriptions will remain on your phone when you sign in to your Apple ID.
Hence, you will have to cancel your subscriptions via your iPhone’s Settings app.
How Do I See All Active Subscriptions on My iPhone?
If you want to view all active subscriptions on your iPhone, follow the instructions below.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Tap on the Apple ID section at the top page (It has your name and profile photo on it)
- Tap on Subscriptions (Look at the header at the top of your subscriptions list. It will indicate your Active and Inactive subscriptions. Your Active Subscriptions are those you’re currently paying for and will be charged for auto-renewal)
Related: How to Cancel Apple TV.
Canceling subscriptions for unwanted apps and services on your iPhone will save you some bucks monthly/yearly, depending on how often you subscribe. It also disables the auto-renewal feature of tiring and unwanted subscriptions without uninstalling the app.
So feel free to undertake these easy steps quickly before your subscription gets close to its expiry date and charges your card for renewal.
Kindly share your thoughts below, so we can know whether you have been able to cancel subscriptions on your iPhone successfully.