Need help on how to cancel Spotify Premium using your computer or smartphone? We will provide information on the easiest way to do this without requesting further support or contacting Spotify for technical assistance.
If you no longer use Spotify to listen to music and would want to unsubscribe from the service, your best bet is to cancel your Premium plan and use Spotify for free.
As your guide in canceling your Premium plan on any platform or device, we’ll give insights into the following aspects:
- Cancel Spotify Premium Plan on the Web
- Cancel Spotify Family or Duo Plan
- Cancel Spotify Premium on an Apple Device
Cancel Spotify Premium Plan on the Web
To cancel your subscription to Spotify premium service online, you need a computer, phone, or tablet with internet access.
Then follow the instructions below.
- Open your web browser app on your PC or mobile device
- Visit Spotify.com and log in to your account
- In the Plan options, click or tap on Change Plan
- Tap or click on the Cancel Premium button to finalize the process.
Be aware that when you stop subscribing to Spotify, you will continue to see ads when playing your playlists and saved music. However, all downloaded files will remain accessible, even as you are using Spotify free of charge.
Another key thing to note is that your Premium Plan will not switch to free until your next payment date.
Cancel Spotify Family or Duo Plan
If you are managing a Spotify Premium Plan for other persons, take the following steps to cancel your plan ahead of the next billing date.
- Visit www.spotify.com/account and log in to your account
- Tap or click the Available Plans menu
- Then click or tap the Change plan button
- Confirm your request by clicking or tapping on Cancel premium
Before canceling a Spotify Premium Plan with multiple members, inform other plan members so it doesn’t meet them suddenly.
Cancel Spotify Premium on an Apple Device
If you subscribed to a Spotify Premium plan via your iPhone or iPad’s iTunes, follow the steps below to cancel it.
- Open the Settings app on your Apple device
- Tap the Apple ID and iCloud section
- Tap Subscriptions on your screen
- Find Spotify Premium among your active subscriptions and tap on it.
- Then tap the Cancel button to stop subscribing to Spotify’s Premium plan
How Do I Remove My Credit Card from Spotify?
To modify your payment details or remove your credit card from your c account, you will have to undertake the following steps.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Click or tap on the Update button next to your payment method in your plan options.
- Then input a new payment method
Note that some payment providers will charge you a temporary authorization fee for adding a new payment method.
Kindly brief us on how the steps were to you and whether you have successfully canceled your paid plan.
Also, share this with your friends and followers to give them a solution to their issues in canceling their Spotify Premium plan.
Read Next: How to Cancel Apple TV.