If you are unfamiliar with how to cancel Disney Plus subscription, we’ll walk you through the process in only a few minutes. Not every Disney+ subscriber knows that they can cancel their subscription anytime, and those who know are clueless about the cancellation steps.
To simplify the process for you, we’ll provide a stepwise guide regarding canceling Disney+ subscriptions based on the following scenarios:
- Cancel Disney Plus Subscription When Billed Directly
- Cancel Disney Plus Subscription Through a Third-Party
- Restart Disney Plus Subscription After Canceling
- Delete Disney Plus Account After Cancellation
Cancel Disney Plus Subscription When Billed Directly
If you subscribed to Disney+ without a third party, you can unsubscribe via the following steps:
- Open your mobile phone, tablet, or computer’s web browser and log in to your Disney Plus account
- Navigate to Profile and tap or click on Account
- In the subscription section, select your Disney Plus subscription
- Then tap or click on Cancel Subscription
- Confirm your request by clicking or tapping COMPLETE CANCELLATION.
Cancel Disney Plus Subscription Through a Third-Party
If you want to unsubscribe from Disney+ when signed up through a third party like Verizon or Amazon, you can only cancel your subscription via the third party.
Hence, you’ll have to contact them for support in the cancellation process or visit their Help Center.
Restart Disney Plus Subscription After Canceling
If you just canceled your Disney+ Subscription and would like to have the service back, take the following steps to restart the service.
- Visit DisneyPlus website on your PC, smartphone, or tablet’s web browser
- Sign in to your account
- Go to your Profile and then click or tap on Account
- Tap or click on Restart Subscription
- Confirm your cancellation request by tapping or clicking on Agree
Delete Disney Plus Account After Cancellation
If you think you will never have to stream movies on Disney Plus or want to stay off for a while, consider deleting your account. However, you must first cancel your Disney Plus subscription.
Note that you’ll have to provide your Disney Plus account information, including your email address, to disassociate your Disney+ account from your email address.
Why Can’t I Cancel Disney Plus?
You can’t unsubscribe directly from Disney Plus if your subscription was through a third-party provider, such as Apple, Xfinity, Amazon, or Roku. Instead, you’ll have to contact your provider for further assistance with your cancellation request.
Can You Cancel Your Disney Plus Account At Any Time?
Yes, you can cancel your Disney+ subscription anytime and will not get a refund for the rest of the subscription period.
Related: How to Cancel Netflix Subscription.
Now that you know how to unsubscribe from Disney Plus, it is up to you to decide when to opt out of the service. After trying out the steps, feel free to discuss your experience via the comment section below.