In this article, we’ll provide a step-wise guide with screenshots on how to cancel your Audible membership just in case you want to take a break from the paid audiobook and podcast service.
Several things can discourage you from using Audible, especially the monthly membership fees, which cost at least $7.95. You may also want to opt for YouTube, Libby, or Chirp Audiobooks, which are better alternatives and similar to Audible but free.
As Audible has various platforms, this walk-through article will cover the following:
- Canceling Audible Membership on the web
- Canceling Audible Membership on an iOS device
- Canceling Audible Membership on an Android smartphone or tablet
Canceling Audible Membership on the Web
To unsubscribe from Audible membership on your computer or phone’s internet browser, take the steps below one after the other.
- Sign in with your Audible account. Otherwise, you can do this from your Amazon account.
- Once logged in, find your username at the top navigation bar and hover your cursor on it.
- Click or tap on Account Details
- Select Cancel Membership. Note that you’ll have to confirm your request. So click or tap on Continue to cancel.
After canceling your membership with Audible, you will receive an email confirmation. Overall, the changes will instantly reflect on your Account Details page.
Canceling Audible Membership on an iOS device
If you want to unsubscribe from Audible membership on your Apple iPhone or iPad, the steps are easy too and are follows.
- Open your iPhone or iPad’s settings
- In the Apple ID section, tap on your name.
- Select Subscriptions
- Tap on Audible
- Select Cancel Subscription.
If you can’t find the Cancel Subscription button when you tap on Audible, it simply means that your membership has already been canceled.
Canceling Audible Membership on an Android smartphone or tablet
If you installed the Audible app on your Android phone or tab, you can cancel your membership via the instructions below.
- Open your device’s Google Play Store
- Tap on the profile icon at the upper right corner
- Select Payments and Subscriptions in the options.
- Tap on Subscriptions
- Look for Audible, and afterward, tap on Manage > Cancel Subscription.
Will my Audiobooks Disappear if I Cancel Audible?
No, your audiobooks will remain on your computer, smartphone, or tablet even after canceling your membership with Audible. You can also listen to downloaded audiobooks anytime through your library on the app or via Audible’s website.
What Happens if I Cancel my Audible Plus Membership?
When you cancel your Audible Plus membership, you will lose access to titles on the Plus catalog. Besides, audiobooks downloaded from the Plus catalog will have a lock icon in front of them.
Terminating your monthly subscription to Audible should be easy and quick if you adhere to the instructions in this article. Please comment below if you have successfully canceled your membership via the app or its website.
Also, share this article’s link on your social media accounts to guide others struggling with the process.