In this article, you will learn how to cancel your Showmax subscription (with screenshots). The steps are tricky, but we’ll walk you through the process via our easy step-by-step guide.
Showmax, as you’d know, is a streaming service similar to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Max, but with less content. Because of this, you may want to unsubscribe anytime to opt for one of these alternatives or to take a break for any reason.
However, the steps you’d have to undertake vary depending on the device or platform you are using to initiate the cancellation.
- Cancel Showmax Subscription on the Web
- Cancel Showmax Subscription on iPhone/iPad
- Unsubscribe from Showmax on Android Phone or Tablet
- Cancel Showmax Free Trial on the App
Cancel Showmax Subscription on the Web
To unsubscribe from Showmax through your PC or smartphone’s web browser, take the following steps one after the other.
- Visit Showmax.com and sign in to your account
- Tap or click on My Account at the top menu bar
- Click or tap on Manage Subscription
- Tap/click the Cancel Subscription button to unsubscribe.
Cancel Showmax Subscription on iPhone/iPad
If you signed up for Showmax on an iPhone or iPad, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions below without exceptions.
- Launch your Settings app
- Tap on your name
- Select Subscriptions
- Identify Showmax in the list and tap on it (Note that you may have to scroll down to locate it.)
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
Unsubscribe from Showmax on Android Phone or Tablet
Here’s how to unsubscribe from Showmax via the web browser of your Android phone or tablet.
- Log on to g.co/play/subscriptions on your Android device’s browser
- Look for Showmax among the listed subscriptions and tap on it
- Tap on Cancel subscription
- Follow the prompts to confirm your cancellation request.
On the other hand, you can unsubscribe from Showmax through your Play Store app by taking the steps below.
- Launch your Google Play Store app.
- Tap your profile photo or the profile icon at the upper-right corner
- Then select Payments and subscriptions.
- Tap on Subscriptions
- Find Showmax in the list and tap on it
- Tap the Cancel subscription button and follow further prompts to cancel it.
Cancel Showmax Free Trial on the App
If you’re on Showmax 14-day free trial, follow the instructions below to cancel your subscription via the mobile app.
- Open your Showmax mobile app
- Log in to your profile
- Tap the “more” hamburger icon at the lower-right corner of your screen
- Tap on My Account under settings and select Manage Subscription
- Scroll down and then tap the Cancel Subscription button.
What Happens When I Cancel My Showmax Subscription?
When you unsubscribe from Showmax, you can continue streaming movies and TV shows until your subscription expires. Besides, Showmax will no longer charge your card for subsequent subscriptions.
Related: How To Cancel Peacock Subscription.
Hope that helps! But if you encounter any technical issue while trying to unsubscribe from Showmax, email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with its live customer service agents for support.
Feel free to share this post with your friends and family.
Read Next: How to Cancel Calm Subscription.