Do you want us to walk you through how to cancel your Dropbox subscription? This post will make it easy and quick. Let’s get rolling.
Dropbox, as you already know, is safe for storing digital files like your documents, photos, and passwords. However, it has cheaper and better alternatives, such as Google Drive, Mega, and pCloud. If you want to go for one of these alternatives, you should unsubscribe from Dropbox to prevent recurring payments on your card, and we’ll guide you by covering the following bases.
- Cancel Dropbox Free Trial
- Cancel Dropbox Individual or Family Plan
- Cancel Dropbox Standard or Advanced Subscription
- Cancel Dropbox Subscription via App Store
Cancel Dropbox Free Trial
If you are using Dropbox on a free trial and would like to cancel it to avoid automatic charges on your card, take the following steps one after the other.
- Log in to your account on Dropbox.com.
- Click on your profile picture, avatar, or name initials in the upper-right corner.
- Click on Settings and then the Plan tab
- Click on Manage plan > Cancel trial
- Click on I still want to downgrade and choose your cancellation reason
- Click on I still want to downgrade again to confirm your cancellation request.
Cancel Dropbox Individual or Family Plan
If you’re subscribed to a Dropbox Personal Plan for Individual Use or Family Plan, follow the instructions below to unsubscribe.
- Visit Dropbox’s website and log in to your account
- Click on your profile picture, your name initials, or the avatar icon at the top-right corner of your screen
- Click on Settings and then Plan
- Then click the Cancel plan button
- Choose a reason why you want to cancel your Dropbox subscription
- Click on Continue canceling to finalize the process (Upon its success, you’ll receive an email confirmation.)
Cancel Dropbox Standard or Advanced Subscription
Here’s how to unsubscribe from Dropbox Standard or Advanced on a PC, smartphone, or tablet.
- Log in to your Dropbox account with your admin credentials
- Click on the Admin console at the left sidebar and then select Billing
- Scroll down and click on Cancel plan
- Select why you want to cancel your Dropbox subscription
- Click the Continue with Cancellation button
- Check all boxes under the “Please acknowledge the following” section
- Then click or tap on Complete cancellation (If your request was successful, you’ll see a message that says, “You have successfully cancelled your Dropbox Business account.”
Be aware that you may not find the Cancel plan button if you are subscribed on a phone or tablet. In that case, you’ll have to unsubscribe from Apple App Store or Play Store app, depending on your device type.
You must also cancel your subscription from your app store if you are the manager of a Dropbox Family plan.
Cancel Dropbox Subscription via App Store
Here are the steps to cancel your Dropbox plan from your iPhone or iPad’s Settings.
- Open your Apple device’s Settings app
- Tap on your name
- Tap on Subscriptions
- Find Dropbox among the listed active subscriptions and tap on it.
- Tap the Cancel Subscription button.
If you use Android and want to cancel your Dropbox subscription from your Play Store app, here’s how to go about it.
- Launch Play Store on your Android device
- Tap the profile icon or your profile photo at the upper-right corner
- Then tap Payments and subscriptions
- Look for Dropbox among the listed subscriptions
- Tap the Cancel subscription button.
Related: How to Cancel ESPN Plus.
Hope that helps! Feel free to use the comment section below to share your experience while taking these steps and whether you’ve successfully canceled your Dropbox plan using our guidelines.
Read Next: How To Cancel Apple One Subscription.