Want us to guide you on how to cancel your ChatGPT Plus subscription? Let’s ride on! ChatGPT Plus, as you’d know, is the advanced and paid version of ChatGPT, running on the GPT-4 language model. It offers priority access to newly added features, faster responses, and limitless access, even during peak times.
If you prefer using ChatGPT Plus in free mode or want to save more bucks, this article will walk you through the cancellation process (with screenshots).
- Cancel ChatGPT Plus Subscription on the Web
- Cancel ChatGPT Plus Subscription on iOS
Cancel ChatGPT Plus Subscription on the Web
Here’s how to unsubscribe from ChatGPT Plus via your PC or mobile device’s web browser.
- Visit the website – ChatGPT.com and log in to your account
- Go to the sidebar and tap or click on My Plan
- Click or tap on Manage my subscription in the pop-up window (Doing so redirects you to the Stripe checkout page.)
- Select Cancel Plan and follow the prompts to conclude the cancellation steps (Note that the cancellation will not take effect immediately until the day after your next billing date.)
Cancel ChatGPT Plus Subscription on iOS
If you subscribed to ChatGPT Plus via the Apple App Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, take the following steps to cancel your subscription.
- Launch your Apple device’s Settings app
- Tap on your name
- Tap Subscriptions
- Find ChatGPT among the listed Active subscriptions
- Tap the Cancel Subscription button and confirm your cancellation request on the pop-up window.
Is It Easy to Cancel a ChatGPT Subscription?
Yes, canceling a ChatGPT Plus subscription is easier than ever imagined. You can unsubscribe anytime without losing access to ChatGPT Plus services until your next billing date.
To be on the safe side, ensure you cancel your ChatGPT subscription at least 24 hours before it expires, as paid subscriptions are typically non-refundable.
Will I Get a Refund After Canceling My ChatGPT Plus Subscription?
Yes, but you can only request a refund for your ChatGPT Plus subscription if you live in an EU Member State, the United Kingdom, or Turkey. However, you must request the refund within 14 days of its payment.
To request a refund, go to ChatGPT’s Help Center and click the chat icon at the lower corner of your screen to send a message.
Then, click the Billing option and select “I need a refund.”
What Happens If I Cancel My ChatGPT Plus Subscription?
When you unsubscribe from ChatGPT Plus, you can still access the premium services until the end of your current subscription. Afterward, you can only use ChatGPT in its GPT-3.5-based version, which is free and less sophisticated than the advanced version of ChatGPT Plus, GPT-4.
Besides, ChatGPT will start taking longer to give responses, and it may even be inaccessible during peak times. You’ll also lose priority access to ChatGPT’s latest features.
Read also: How to Cancel Discovery Plus Subscription.
Did that help? If so, feel free to share it with others who may need help canceling their ChatGPT Plus subscription anytime.
Kindly share your thoughts and experience via the comment section below.
Read Next: How to Cancel NordVPN Subscription.